Powered by Blogger.

Friday, January 27, 2012


SSTMI-Thunderbolts won their third successive match in the MHC-MILO-NSC Junior Hockey League when they trounced Bukit Jalil Sports School Juniors 9-0 in a Division One match at the Ministry of Education Stadium in Pantai.

And in Ipoh, MBI-Anderson gave Tunku Besar Secondary School Tampin the "blues" on the newly laid blue pitch of the Sultan azlan Shah Stadium, winning 8-2.

Bukit Jalil Sports School meanwhile almost squandered a chance to back on the winning trail for they threw away a 3-0 halftime lead as Petaling Jaya City Council scored thrice to draw level but got the winner two minutes from time to win 4-3, at the National Hockey Stadium in Bukit Jalil.

Thunderbolts took a 2-0 lead in the opening ten minutes as Mohammad Shahril Saabah struck two penalty corner goals in the 4th and 6th minutes. And at the stroke of halftime (35th minute) Muhammad Hafiz Seleman scored to give them a 3-0 lead.

The floodgates opened in the second half as Thunderbolts went on the rampage, scoring another six goals to humiliate the youngsters from BJSS Juniors.

Goals by Shahril (40th and 47th minutes), Sazril Irwan Nazali (49th minute), Azmi Deraman (56th minute), Mohd Afzanizam Zakaria (61st minute) and Muhammad Sufi Ismat Md Rohulamin meant that Thunderbolt were a team to beat in the Division One.

“We could have scored more goals against BJSS juniors, but I felt nine were enough and I pulled the reigns on my players as that was not the match we have been preparing for this weekend.

“We have been working hard to face MBPJ, and there was no use in pushing my players to the limit today (yesterday) as they might pick up unwarranted injuries,” said SSTMI Thunderbolts coach Wan Roslan.
And MBPJ has earned the respect of Roslan after they came back from three goals down.

“Any team which can come back from being three goals down warrants respect, and that is what we will be giving them on Sunday. However, I am confident we will claim the three points and continue our quest to land the double this season,” said Roslan whose side hold the Overall title.

In Ipoh, the hosts took the lead in the 26th minute through Muhammad Najib Abu Hassan who converted a penalty corner. And two minutes later Muhammad Alif Noor Faizal made it 2-0. Barely had the cheers died down that MBI scored the third through Mohamad Ashran Hamsani.

TBSS reduced the deficit in the 43rd minute through Muhd Ikwan Ishak but MBI regained their three goal lead in the 45th minute when Arun Kumar struck.
Though Muhd Syabariq Shamsuri converted a penalty stroke in the 46th minute to make it 4-2 for TBSS, MBI were not to be denied as they went on to score four more goals through Azril Misron (53rd and 62nd minutes), Muhammad Alif ( 54th minute) and Mohamad Ashran (57th minute) for a comprehensive 8-2 win.
At Bukit Jalil, BJSS took the lead in the 10th minute through Mohammad Redzhwan Jaafar. And a goal by Muhammad Noor Khairul Azri Adnan in the 34th minute doubled their advantage. Mohammad Faizail Zairollail scored at the stroke of halftime to give them a 3-0 lead.

But PJCC scored three goals in a space of six minutes through Ganeisha Tamil Chelvam ( 52nd minute ) and  Mohammad Faiz Haiqal Mat Rosdid ( 55th and 58th minutes) to share the points, a bitter blow for BJSS.

Mohammad Azrul Hasbullah scored the winner for BJSS in the 68th minute and the match was marred by yellow cards shown to Azrul and Norshafiq Sumantri.

Meanwhile in the only Division 2 B game played today, KL Sports School upset MSP-Yayasan Pahang at the Sukpa Stadium in Kuantan.

KLSS had on Wednesday lost 2-3 to Olak-PKT at the KLHA Stadium but did well to defeat the homesters barely 48 hours later despite having to travel to Kuantan.

KLSS took the lead in the 7th minute via  Muhammad Zahir Md Zaki. But MSP were back on level terms three minutes later through Khairul Amri Talha. However the city side got their act together to take a 3-1 lead at halftime thanks to goals from Muhammad Nur Faiz Mahmad Rosli  (21st minute) and Zahir (23rd minute).
Wan Haziq Hisyamudin Wan Ameer Ruzman scored in the 56th minute to ensure they collected all three points.

It was raining goals though in Seremban as Sapura hammered NS Project side 12-0 at the Seremban 2 Hockey Stadium to top Group A of Division Two.

Sapura took the lead in the 4th minute through Harmesh Singh who converted a penalty corner. And in the 8th minute Muhd Shahfirul Aqmal Mohd Saiful made it 2-0.

Ahmad Iqwan Shah Harun (34th minute) and Meor Ahmad Azuan Hasan (35th + minute) gave Sapura a healthy 4-0 lead at halftime.

And they did not let up in the second half, scoring eight more goals through Mohammad Ammar Adly Abd Rahman (40th minute), Mohammad Soffian Kamaruddin (45th minute), Muhammad Farid Md Zaki (48th minute), Zulhilmi Muhammad (48th minute), Shahfirul 52nd minute), Ahmad Iqwan (58th minute) and Harmesh (69th minute).

In Alor Star, Politeknik KPT scored a 2-0 win over hosts KHA-MSNK while in Sungai Petani the match between Nur Insafi and KHA Juniors ended scoreless.
The Politeknik KPT goals  were scored by Muhammad Fahmi Zainal Abidin who converted a penalty corners in the 21st minute and 54th minute respectively.



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...